Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Biting My Tounge.

So three of my friends are going through relationship problems/issues at the moment.

FRIEND X: Doesn't even know it. I pride myself on being honest and in the past I've done just that; given my flat out, no bullshit opinion. Alas, she is choosing to go though this again and although I honestly don't believe it will end well at all, I can HONESTLY say this time I hope it does. So my hope and the fact that I don't wish to drive a wedge between our friendship are the reasons I remain quiet about my concerns.

FRIEND Y: Back to the whole honesty thing. Friend Y is bored with her relationship but being a self-confessed 'always need a man' type of girl, will not end it. Her subconscious is counteracting this descision by starting fights for all the wrong reasons over petty things. I DON'T think she needs a boyfriend to be happy and I think she has to much potential that she doesn't see. Does she? No.

FRIEND Z: Friend 'Z' had me on the phone for an hour last night because he feels shit about everything in his life, his girlfriend included. Annoyed with her 'doing the same thing all the time and never being different' he feels frustrated that everything is perfect all the time and feels like he needs to be angry sometimes and it is healthy. Totally agree. What will he do about it? Nothing; he's too good a bloke and can't say anything to her at the risk of hurting her feelings. What I feel like saying is "If you can't be honest with your partner then whats the fucking point?"


I've come to the conclusion that hardly anybody really wants to hear the truth when it comes to a relationship they're in. Their emotions get in the way too much and all they want you to tell them is what they want to hear. I know for a fact i've been guilty of this myself. So for now I'm just going to be a good 'listener' and bite my tounge.

2 comments:

m@ddie said...

it's true. the truth hurts! how are you tommmmmy? lets get drunk!

Unknown said...

Don't bite it too hard, it will bleed! You are right though, people just want to talk, not be told... such wisdom in one so young.:-)