Saturday, July 25, 2009

vandalism

Vandalism, the band are playing on the island tonight. There not a band i really like but i don't know them well enough to say i don't like them so i think i'll go check them out. There's not much else to do tonight and i feel like drinking. My only mission for the rest of my afternoon is to find someone to go/pre-drink with as the friends i have made here are either away or going over to Airlie Beach for the night which i can't do as i'm working tomorrow.(I'll let you know how that goes)

I'm suprised by how much i'm enjoying work. People take for granted how much more enjoyable work is when the managers and people you work with are easy to get along and better still fun to work with. There's a great mix of people, some serious but still friendly and some who are just fun to be around. It seems like everyone brings just the right about of each personalitly trait to work and its awesome.

My room-mate is STILL driving me bonkers. I've started smoking again(DAMN IT) and i find myself smoking more when he's home just to get out of the room to some peace and quiet.

EXAMPLE SCENARIO:
We watch neighbours every night because we're both home and i can actually have almost half an hour of silence, apart from ad breaks. We missed thursday nights episode for some reason and he started recapping what had happened wednesday night for me even though i told him THREE times during his recap that i had been in the same room as him watching the same episode.

I feel bad for him because he has no concept of personal space. If i'm watching a DVD with my earphones in or trying to sleep he will continue to talk to me in his droning, slow manner.

END//

I'm so impressed with my tolerance level up here.

Planning to come home for a few(3) days early September.
Brigitte will be leaving the country soon.
Weather is amazing.
I've been exercising everyday for the last 4 days.
Spoke to Meagz last night.
Life is good.

No comments: